Saturday, February 4, 2012

January blossoms in Los Angeles

In the courtyard of St Mark's Glendale, the Episcopal church that hosts us interns, there is a magnolia tree. I have been told that normally these trees don't bloom in January, but this year it has been blooming in the nearly stagnant 70 degree weather and sunny days we've been getting all month long. This is the court yard of our church, last weekend after the service. Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out on some important personal changes that the seasons put my body through - hibernation in the cold, transition and letting go in the fall, rejuvenation in the summer and the amazing feeling of your skin and soul waking up in the spring. But I'm letting go of it for at least a year and basking in being able to ride my bike every day and enjoying the blooming flowers and trees in January. No complaining from this girl, that's for sure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment